HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Weekend, Part I

Well the weekend is over and here comes Monday, yet again! I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend and are eager and ready to see what this new week has in store. 

As most of you know, this weekend was the Yours/Mine Secondhand Shopping event in DC. I was onsite as a fashion/styling consultant, along with the lovely Stania, (see her FBK page HERE) and it was such an honor to be apart of such a classy, exciting event. I must thank the gracious host, Patrice for asking me to be apart of such a wonderful event. I had a ball!


The event, held at MOVA Lounge in DC, was full of great energy and great people. The vendors had some really nice items and it was definitely hard for me not to buy any and everything, LOL! I did however snag a few goodies (more pics see below). My highlight purchases however were from Krissy's Kloset and Gaudy Girl Jewelry. The snake cuff reminds me of the arm cuffs that people use to wear back in the 90's. I tried to get it up on my arm but, the forearm was as far as it went, LOL! The Gaudy Girl earrings are so "me" that I just had to get them. I envision me wearing them with my kinky twists up in a bun...so perfect! Actually, I'm thinking about making these my honeymoon earrings. Because of their unique look, I plan to wear them only with certain outfits. Can't wait to style them!


I was also able to meet a lot of familiar (blogger) faces, as well as new faces. It's always nice to put a name with a face. I just can't stop thinking about how sincere and nice the attendees were. I really felt like the event was full of old friends---the energy was great from start to finish. 

Being able to put some of my styling tips and advice to use and to see people open and receptive to what I was saying was such a gratify experience. Having my my friends, and my mother come out and support me made the day that much better. 

*The lovely, Vivi browsing the racks while looking great in her neon ASOS dress
see her blog HERE*

*The twins came out to support me---I LOVE my friends!*

*I feel like I've know Nae for years---such a sweetheart! Check her out HERE!*

*Janeen is truly the sweetest person! SO glad to meet and chat with another fellow blogger...PS The jewelry she wore to the event was FLYYY!!! Check her blog, HERE!*


*Stania & I suggested this neck scarf be worn as a headscarf---Stania made the cutest 'flower' out of the end of the scarf...how cute?!*


*I'm not a drinker but the signature drink of the day was EXCELLENT!*

All in all, I had a wonderful experience and I can't wait to work with Patrice again. I truly feel like this is just the beginning for me and I am SUPER excited to see what's coming next. Needless to say, the event was a success and although I totally forgot my camera, I was able to snap a lot of great iPhone pics. I knew I was going to forget something, LOL. I hope you all enjoy this post, and be sure to check back for part II of my weekend. Be blessed!!! TTYS :-)

***


One Piece: Macy's 
All Jewelry: 2nd Avenue 

*Smiling with the FABULOUS ladies--(Patrice & the other on-site stylist/consultant, Stania)!*


More Goodies



GAUDY GIRL Jewelry...FABULOUS!!! 


The Other Purchases
Snagged these beauties, 2 for $5.00
*2 bracelets, $1 each...#WINNING*

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pink, orange and yellow necklace!!

    Amberly D'Anna
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! So glad to have found a new sisterfriend :) Still laughing at you and that snake bracelet...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so pretty on you!! You got some super cute pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, ticka! they're actually pants...can you believe it!?! super comfy!

      Delete
  4. For someone who forgot their camera, you definitely took some good pictures. Funny enough, the photo of shows the neon color more than my camera did. lolol. I had a great time at this event. I'm doing a recap post about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks!!! can't wait to read yours! so good seeing you :-)

      Delete
  5. This looks like a GREAT event! Glad it went well! You look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like a wonderful event with beeeautiful pieces!! I love your outfit, simple & classic is def the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great event! Thank goodness I wasn't there, would have bought everything. Fabulous dress also http://www.thetiffanyannabelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great event and those are some fab goodies!

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pieces of jewelry! Nice pics! Seems like it was a great event and you all had loads of fun!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I see you Miss Fashion Consultant! Congrats! You look so cute and this event looks like fun! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so great meeting you too! Thanks for the awesome compliment! :-) Hopefully we can meet up next month at Baltimore's Fashion Week. Let me know!

    Janeen
    ClassySimpleChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pleasure was min!! i will definitely be in touch :-)

      Delete
  12. Aww congrats Nic!! Im so glad that the event was a success. I love the dress you are wearing...you look so pretty!!

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like such a great event, and i love the snake bracelet!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/2012/08/inpink-jewelry-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds and looks like a cool event! and how cool that you got to consult on it!

    ReplyDelete