HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Recipe: Quesadillas & Salsa


Happy Sunday to everyone!!!! I hope you've had a great weekend. Mine was WONDERFUL! Yesterday, I celebrated my 26th Birthday with my family and my babe. It was great! Side note: HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT WISHED ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!---I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!! Now back to yesterday....I spent the day shopping, eating, relaxing and I did it all over again today, LOL! I will do a special post on my bday later in the week. But I can say I am so blessed to see another year and I plan to make this year one of the BEST years yet!

Today, I want to share another recipe with you. I am not a big cooker, but I plan to do better, especially when I get married. So today's DELICIOUS goodies come from L.V. over at Food Fashion Flow. Not only is she FLY, but her food posts always leave my mouth watering! This recipe below looks super tasty and very easy. I LOVE quesadillas so this is right up my ally. 

I hope you all enjoy, and thanks to L.V. for sharing this. Be blessed and talk with you soon!! 

Brie Quesadillas with Mango Salsa

Quesadilla Ingredients:
  1. 4 flour tortillas about 8 inches across
  2. ½ pound Brie Cheese cut into thin slices
  3. 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
  4. Dash of hot pepper sauce
Directions:
  1. Add a small amount of canola oil or nonstick cooking spray to griddle or a skillet
  2. Place two (2) flour tortillas on your skillet set over low heat
  3. Arrange half of the Brie slices on top of each tortilla
  4. Sprinkle the green onion over each tortilla half
  5. Let cook for 2 minutes, using a spatula to loosen the tortilla from the bottom of the skillet to make sure it’s not sticking
  6. Place another tortilla on top of each of the tortillas and very carefully, using a wide spatula, flip the quesadilla over and cook another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is just melted
  7. Remove from the skillet and cut each quesadilla into quarters
  8. Top with mango salsa







Mango Salsa Ingredients:
  1. 1 mango peeled seeded and chopped
  2. ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
  3. 1 green onion chopped
  4. 1/3 cup chopped red onion
  5. 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  6. 1 fresh Jalapeno finely chopped
  7. 2 tablespoons lime juice
  8. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  9. I teaspoon light brown sugar (optional, but adds amazing depth of flavor)

 Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and lemon juice
  2. Cover, and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving





4 comments:

  1. I love LV's recipes. I always leave her blog with my mouth watering. This recipe is no different. It looks delicious. Hope you enjoyed your birthday.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love brie but have never thought to use it in quesadillas :)

    ReplyDelete