HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Let Me Catch My Breath

Well let me just say that I have had a very busy, eventful and exhausting weekend. As tired as I am, I can't believe that I am able to type this post...LOL! I am actually typing and watching the Miss USA Pageant with my mother and little sister. After this, I am going to pass out in my bed and sleep the night away...

But before I drift off in to Lala Land, I want to share with you a few snaps from the weekend. The first is a pic of some vintage jewelry from my late grandmother. My grandmother, Ma James as my sister and I called her, passed away this week. The last time I saw her was Mother's Day. I actually posted a pic of her wearing a pretty thrifted hat (see post, HERE). I can honestly say she lived a FULL life and was the most energetic and positive 86 year-old I've known. I will miss her dearly, but the jewelry that she left behind, I will cherish forever....
Of course my lil sis was busy doing things this weekend ;-) I too her took her to an acting/audition workshop on Friday afternoon, then my fiance came along with my Saturday to take her. Today was her dance recital (B.Funk Dance Studio) and of course, she did an amazing job. She danced in jazz, lyrical and tap and the outfits were SO cute! The other dancers/dance troupes (ages ranged from 3-18) were phenomenal and the music they danced to was on point!  

Below is a pic of what I wore to the dance recital, and a few other pics from the weekend.Enjoy and I hope you all have a productive and blessed Monday.....TTYS!!!
Pants: Faith 21 (Thrifted)
Tank: Taget
Blazer: 24/7 (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Off Broadway Shoes
Purse: Gifted

18 comments:

  1. Nic, my condolences to you and your family for the passing of Ma James. You are right she lived a full life at 86. From looks of her pic when you last you saw her when she was looking beautiful and working that hat she lived a fabulous life too. May she rest in eternal peace. You have great jewelry of hers to cheris forever. Your sister is cute as a button and I loved the outfit you wore. The shoes are hot!

    ~Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. She was fabulous in that hat from your Mother's Day post! May she rest peacefully. The jewelry you have of hers is beautiful. Your little sister is too cute, and your recital outfit was so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, Nic I'm sooo sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this time of sorrow!

    Your lil Sister is FAB and your Off Broadway Shoesssss... I WANT! lol

    Enjoy your week sweetie!
    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore those shoes, and that ring! and your little sister is just adorable. Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your grandma Nic. She had some beautiful jewelry! And Taylor looks amazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your grandmother, my friend. Love your little sister.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is she?! Aww I miss my little sister, Glad you had a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shoes and jewelry!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2012/06/favorite-things-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's just the cutest!!! i bet she loves when you feature her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I lost my grandmother last month and I miss her dearly. Very nice jewelry. I was able to pick out some jewelry from my grandmothers collection as well. Your lil' sis is so adorable! Cute shoes hun!

    Nique {http://www.niqueinthemiddle.com/}

    ReplyDelete