HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Storage & Such

So, let's talk! Am I the only one who has TONS of jewelry/accessories?!?! I'm having a hard time figuring out where and how to store all of my precious gems...LOL! I have a big jewelry chest where I store earrings, necklaces, watches, and more. I also have vintage ashtrays, goblets and other storage items displayed on my bookshelf's but it's just not enough!

(a few pics of my current jewelry storage)
As you all know, I am getting married soon and I am cringing at the idea of finding out where to put my jewelry once I move in with my soon to be hubby. Here is a current picture of how I store my jewelry at his place. I thrifted the items to store my jewelry and my babe liked it so much, I ended up getting him an ashtray for his watches, LOL! Anywho, I turned to Pinterest to ease my storage woes. I found a bunch of inspiration photos that I'd like to share. 


The 1st picture is ideal, if I decided to designate a a few drawers for jewelry only. I love the fact that most of the necklaces and earrings are protected by the lining. I also like the watch tray; very cute! 



The 2nd, 3rd & 4th pics are great as well. The fact that the jewelry is exposed and at arms reach is GREAT! The set ups are both very functional and remind me of a store display. I especially have a ton of necklaces so being able to see them all without untangling them is ideal


This last photo is my favorite. I LOVE the different bowls, the easy access to the jewelry and the way that everything looks very organized. I'd LOVE to do this on my bookshelf in my (current) room, or even the dresser in my fiance's room. I'm not sure how he would like my jewels all over the dresser but...LOL. We shall see. This is why I feel I need my own dressing room/office. I'm trying to convince him that the extra bedroom in his place should be used for that purpose. He hasn't given in yet but I've got a few more months to work on him so we shall see ;-) I hope to incorporate one or some of these ideas soon but I definitely plan to once I move. 

Which picture do you like the best? What are you currently using to store your percious jewls? Let me know; I'd LOVE to get some feedback! Take care and ttys!!

***
Coming up next is my 50,000 blog view giveaway! Be sure to check back and see what YOU could win!!

19 comments:

  1. Girl, you are not alone! I have so many accessories, sometimes I forget what I have! I have been buying little things to store them differently so they are more visable because keeping them my jewelry chest causes me to forget and its not the best storage for some costume pieces because it tarnishes and discolors them. You have selected some great creative alternatives.

    7eventh Letter
    www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture frame and the first one. I am terrible at taking care of my jewelry. I don't shop for it much because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to organize my jewelry. currently it's just floating around in a bunch of different places. fail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one too... I would love to have a cute little dressing room for all my accessories! I currently have a floor jewelry box and I never thought I would out live it but hey a girl gotta ave her accessories! :-)

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am transitioning from drawers to hooks. I put my earrings in one of those hanger earring holders (I need 2 more to fit all my earrings). I bought hooks for my necklaces to put on the wall. I have to be able to see my jewelry and organize them by color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing by color is a good idea! I do the same thing :-)

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean! When me and my hubby moved in together, it was definitely an adjustment but we've been living together for about 5 years now so we pretty much have it down. I have a couple of things I use to organize my stuff and make sure I'm not drowning him in all of my accessories. I have a little jewelry cabinet on a shelf in our bedroom for my fine jewelry and next to that, I have this decorative spinning rack that holds all my dangley earrings and bracelets. Then in my closet, I have two hanging pocket organizers where I store all my statement necklaces. (I hung those from a hook on the back of the closet door.) Everything is right next to or in my closet so it's a breeze to match with my clothes for the day and since it's all easy to get to, nothing gets forgotten anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of having a dresser drawer or three for inside storage. Costume jewelry can be tarnished by dust so eventually that's what I want to do to protect certain pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Just this weekend I was wondering how I could organize my jewelry better and I had the thought to turn my small dresser into jewelry only storage!! I do LOVE the picture frame with the necklaces (but I'd need about 10 picture frames for all my necklaces!) I like the photo with all the little bowls too - so girly and pretty looking, but I don't really have space for that. I am always looking for creative ways to store my jewelry. In fact, on Sunday I purchased an old-timey wooden potato masher to stack my bangles on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas!! I am a mess when it comes to organizing my jewelry (well at least i think so lol). I keep my necklaces on a swing arm hanger, my bracelets in a plastic basket, my rings in a jewelry box, and my earrings in a small 3 drawer sterlite container. I definitely need a better way of storing my earrings. Sometimes they end up breaking because they get sooo tangled in the drawer smh. Clearly I need to be on pintrest more lol. Thanks for the tips!

    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete