HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Be Still

Happy Thursday all! 

Today's post features non other than, ME! LOL...it's been a while since I've done an outfit post so I am super excited to post this one. I wore this outfit to my friends Bridal Shower (see story HERE) and won best dressed :-) The theme was Sex and the City and I decided to dress 'like' Miranda. I feel that my dress is somewhat Miranda-ish. During the last season of the show, she really came into her own as far as style and she wore a lot of color, patterns, dresses and heels. So this is why I decided to go with this dress. What do you think? Miranda enough for you?? 


           

Before I go, I just want to share something. I attended Tuesday Night prayer this week and I feel compelled to share a bit of what touched me that night. As I sat there in the huge auditorium, there were people around me of all different races and backgrounds yet there was something we all had in common. At one point or another, we felt tired, worn out and stressed. Different people shared their prayer requests and prayer testimonies with the group and while listening, I began to realize that people in this world are really burnt out. Times are tough and stress levels are ridiculously high. As a result, people are getting divorced, suffering from depression, stress or worse. The minister had us sit in meditation/prayer towards the end of the service and all that you heard was the sound of the organ. I sat there...still. Quiet; making my prayer request known to God and tearing up while praying for others. I was able to really take the time and talk to God. And as the tears flowed, I knew He was listening. I was definitely in His presence. The whole day had gone by and that was the first time I'd taken to really sit and talk and focus on Him. It was powerful and it was something that I realized I needed to do more of.



Sometimes taking time out to just sit and focus on Him can calm us. We live in a world with constant movement and we all need to slow down. It doesn't matter if you take time to pray, sit in silence with the TV off, put your laptop and phone away for 30 mins...whatever it is, being still is so necessary.  Take time out of each day for yourself. Even if its 15 minutes, do it! Don't let this world drive you crazy and don't let this world get the best of you.

Be still, and know that I am God... Psalm 46:10

35 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress, the print and colors...it's very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is so cute!! I love the colors & that print is fabulous!

    This post reminds me of a song that I love called "Slow Down" by India Arie. At one point in the song she says "Sometimes you gotta Be Still & take some time to rejuvinate. Be still. Take some time to clear your space. Be real. Chaos isn't good for your health." It's oh so true. Thank you for the message. It has not fallen on deaf ears. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! and i am glad you enjoyed the message ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love this post! You look beautiful sis and I love the dress on you. Also, thanks for sharing those bits from the prayer night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute dress, the style is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your dress is very prett! Don't you love a great find!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress! Looking good girlie!

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv this dress and It looks fab on you!Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress! What a fun bridal shower idea, sex in the city is one of my addictions lol

    Eb
    www.rewindfashforward.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that dress! The print is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nic, you don't even know how "right on time" this was for me! Thank you....about to take my 15 minutes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress! I have made daily meditation/prayer/stillness a priority and can tell you that it makes an amazing difference in all aspects of my life =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, sis. and i am glad you take the time :-)

      Delete
  13. Great post! Thank you for sharing! I am doing this right now. Had to take a mini break from a few things. :)

    You look great and that print is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors on this dress, Nic, you look gorgeous!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, please. Miranda *wishes* she looked this good. Seriously, this dress is amazing on you. Gorgeous color and print.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love this dress... and love it on you. Great post and inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great dress! Stopping by from The Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dress is beautiful on you! I'm visiting from What I Wore Wednesday link up, and I'm so glad I did because I've found a sister in Christ. Please stop by and say, "G'Day!" to your sis in Australia. Thanks for the reminder to Be Still!

    Find me here:
    http://speechnotrecognised.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/what-i-wore-wednesday.html

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks SO much for the comment. and hello to you my sister :-) glad you found me and i plan to check out your site as well!

      Delete
  19. That's an eye catching pattern Nic.....hope all has been well with you. :)

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete