HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Monday, September 3, 2012

BLM Girls in the DMV

For as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of groups, clubs and teams. While I love my alone time, I also love the comradery of a group. I also enjoy being around positive people who are doing positive things. So when I was asked to be apart of the blogging group, Bloggers Like Me (BLM) I was ecstatic. I saw the BLM group as a way to mix my love for blogging  and my love for people. I love being able to hang out and network with uplifting, fun spirited, driven African American women like me! The creator, Leslie (see her blog, HERE) is a God-fearing wife and mother, and not to mention a woman with great taste ;-) I want to thank her for the invite; I am so grateful to be apart of this movement! I can't wait to see what else is in store for BLM next!! 



Now onto the rest of the post---last Thursday, I had the pleasure of attending the BLM (Bloggers Like Me) Meet-up in Silverspring, MD. It was held at Maisie Dunbar Spa Lounge and the lovely Karen was the hostess with the most! I came a little early to help with the set up and was immediately greeted with smiles and hugs. I knew then it was going to be a great night! The salon, owner (pictured below with Karen) was a sweetheart and her establishment was VERY nice. I plan to make a trip back there very soon to enjoy a mani, pedi, and spa treatment! 

Anywho, the event filled up as time went on and the DMV bloggers were just chatting and laughing away. I had the pleasure of meeting a few bloggers that I hadn't met yet, as well as caught up with some old faces (Jennifer, Nae and Janeen). Along with the delicious sweets (cupcakes, cookies, cakes, etc.) there were a few raffle winners and some great items in our goodie bags. Special thanks to Mimi's Boutique for the GREAT earrings (which I will be wearing in my next post), and Honest Tea for providing the refreshments ;-) 

At the end of the night, I left feeling like I bonded with and rekindled with my sisters. It was a great meet up, and I can't wait until next time. Enjoy the pics below, and be blessed!!

PS If YOU want to be a BLM Girl, see what the hype is all about HERE!  


*Karen & the WONDERFUL salon owner*


*Check out Nae's AWESOME Arm Party---I LOVED those beads!!!*

*Stella Dot Jewelry, compliments of Karen*

*DMV BLM Girls!!!*


*2 of the raffle winners---I cannot get enough of Nae's face; LOVE her!!!*



*Marie signing in...*

*The lovely Karen and Janeen, the other raffle winner*

Check out Some of the DMV Bloggers:
Jennifer: commecoco.com
Taya: mrstdj.com
Karen: facebook.com/yourstylistkaren

******

If you're looking for another DMV event, come out Sept. 15th to the Dewdrop Swap & Shop!!! I WILL be there selling PLUS SIZE clothes (sizes 14-24). I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

Get tickets, HERE!





22 comments:

  1. Great recap. Your pictures are amazing! So sad we can't meetup in DC more since I am leaving :(


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! and i will miss u :-( whenever i'm in cali, i am hittin' you up for sure. safe travels...XO!

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I should have been there. Love the recap and pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me in the blogs section! I had so much fun with you ladies! I can't wait to hang out again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course i included you ;-) GREAT meeting you! hope to see you again soon.

      Delete
  4. LMBAOOOOOO @ my raffle win pic! It was so great hanging with you and meeting the other BLMGirls. Great recap sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. freat recap and it was DEFINITELY a great night!!!

    Jen
    www.commecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Recap!! I love Nae's face as well lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had so much! I can't wait for all of us to meet up again! Maybe a brunch?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recap but where are you missy?? I wanted to see you in the pictures :( Glad you all had a great time and that you built new friendships!! #BLMGirls :)

    With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! i realized that after i posted the post. lol! i was so busy snapping pics i forgot to have someone take a pic of me!

      Delete
  9. Love the pics and recap Nic!! Looks likes good times were had by all;)
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an awesome time...blogger meetups are so fun!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was fun!!!!! It's always cool meeting other like minded people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO bummed I was out of town for this! Looked like fun. I don't even remember hearing anything about it though.

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete