HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Egyptian Inspired

I was so inspired when I saw this dress/tunic a while back at the thrift store. It reminded me of my trip to Egypt so I quickly grabbed it (for $6.50) and began planning how I was going to wear it. My fiance' and mom both saw it first and both suggested a belt, then my mom said leggings or tights. As usual, they were right ;-) I added my thrifted necklace, that also makes me think of Egypt, and knew that the outfit was complete. I wore some comfy booties I swapped a few weeks back at a clothing swap and added my faux leather (reversible) jacket to top it off.

I think I pulled it off and I can't wait to rock this with some leggings when it gets to be a tad warmer. What do you think; how'd I do?

~Nic




Dress: Thrifted (2nd Ave)
Jacket: Thrifted (2nd Ave)



Booties: Swapped
Clutch: Bakers




Necklace: Thrifted (2nd Ave)
Belt: Borrowed from Mommy

27 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outfit!!!

    Thanks for sharing the cute pics :)

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage dress and I am googly eyed over that necklace :-)

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress.
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty dress Nic! and that necklace is beautiful. Love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OW!!! You look HAUTE! Love that DRESS! You look FAB :) What a steal!!!

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sis, you look like a beautiful Egyptian Queen. I really like how you brought this outfit together, especially the hues of brown and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that necklace and that dress is so so cute! You totally "scored" girl! Hope you are well! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nic, girl, you rocked this look! I looove everything about it. The necklace, the booties, the dress and even our nails lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute dress!!!! Love!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2012/03/seoul-searching_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of ancient Egypt so I love the print on your dress! So much fun!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the print and the clutch! Very chic but unexpected!

    www.stilettogoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress! Great job with the styling (I guess I should give some credit to your mom and fiance too, haha)! Thanks so much for linking up to Work It Wednesday, looking forward to this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much! and yes, i guess they deserve credit too...LOL.

      Delete