HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Off to a Great Start!

Happy weekend everyone! I hope yours is off to a great start. My mom and I are headed to breakfast and then to Bed, Bath & Beyond to finish up the wedding registry. But before I go, I just wanted to quickly share somethings with you.

Yesterday, something really made me smile! I've been following blogger and thrifting guru, in my opinion, Mr. Goodwill Hunting for sometime now and a few days ago, I emailed him a few pics of my recent outfit. It was the first one I've worn that was completely thrifted head to toe. When I turned on the computer Friday morning and when to my Facebook page, I saw my pic on my news feed. Mr. Goodwill hunting posted my outfit (see HERE)! Now to some of you it may not be a huge deal but to me, it def is! When you admire someones work and they take the time to communicate with you, and even showcase your outfits, talents, or whatever, its a good thing. It made me feel good and I definitely appreciate it! So huge thanks to him and as an avid thrifter, I hope to continue to make you proud! ;-)


{this is the shot used I sent...click photo for the link}

Now onto more exciting news...my blog anniversary is coming up!! I am super duper excited about this. Long ago, I created a blog that was more geared towards the poetry and my creative writing, but I didn't stick with it. When I started this blog, I was a bit skeptical because although a lot of people were inquiring about where I shopped or got certain items from, I didn't know if I wanted to put myself out there to be 'judged' so to speak. Well, I quickly got over that fear and just went for it. Boy am I glad I did! Since I've been blogging, I've met amazing people, challenged myself in ways you can't imagine, and blogging has actually brought me and my fiance' closer. He takes about 90% of my photos and is just the biggest supporter, ever. He dreams just as big as I do and I love him for that. And of course, my followers....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I feel like all of you are friends in my head (like Wendy Williams, LOL). Your support has been amazing and I love you all for that!

With that being said, I am hosting a HUGE giveaway to celebrate my 1 year of blogging. I am still in the process of putting together this awesome gift bag but trust me, you WILL want to enter to win!! I am also hosting a blog celebration. Not 100% sure if I am going to do something with just me and my family, or plan something a tad bigger. Either way, I will be celebrating ;-) I truly believe that everything should be celebrated...I throw parties and get togethers for any and every reason. Life is too short, why not? So stay tuned to the blog and my Facebook page for more giveaway details!

I leave you with a few Instagram photos of some of my 'happenings' this week. Take care & be blessed! XXOO!!

~Nic



*I got my hair cut, and I LOVE it!...so much fuller and healthier!*

 *snippet of what I wore one day this week; sweater is from Lord & Taylor*

 *my fav ring & bracelet...this pic is older but I try to wear them at least once a week*

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blogiversary!! Wishing you many more years to come! Can't wait to see what you have in store!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! So excited for you to get recognized by Mr. Goodwill Hunting. I love him!! What an honor!! HAPPY BLOG ANNIVERSARY! I love your blog because you always mix fashion with a little personal snippet and that makes you so much more relatable! Super cute new haircut girl! It does look very full and healthy. I see you in your sunnies BOO! haha Can't wait to enter the giveaway! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so sweet...thanks kiah! i was SOOO shocked :-) thanks again for the love and the support. XXOO!

      Delete
  3. such eclectic pieces of jewellery. I like

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete