HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Monday, February 27, 2012

Winning Weekend, Part I!

Happy Monday to everyone!! I hope your weekend was wonderful! Mine was extremely busy, but AMAZING nonetheless. The highlight was definitely my little sister winning the 2012 - 2013 International Jr. Miss Maryland Princess title. She also won the following; (1) Academic Achievement, (2) Spirit Award (3) Volunteer Service (4) Program Ad Sales (5) Talent (6) Casual Wear , AND (7) Best Gown. WHEW!!!! Can you say #WINNING!!!! ;-)

She was just lovely the entire weekend; her whole demeanor....She worked so hard and studied for months, as well as practiced extremely hard with her tap dance routine. All while exceeding in her academics! I don't know how she does it; straight A's, dances, does fashion shows, and pageants. And now as a title holder, she has a very busy year ahead of her! But there is no doubt in my mind that she will do exceptionally well with all she has ahead of her. Taylor NEVER lets anything get in her way, and we have all taught her the importance of dedication, politeness, and professionalism. Yes, even at this tender age, professionalism. She carried herself  like a lady the whole weekend, smiling and shaking hands. I was just so proud. If you follow on Instagram (msnicjames), Twitter and Facebook, you can attest to my #proudsister rants, LOL!

All in all, my family and I are happy that she won the title. We are a tight family, and we have her back through anything. She decided she wanted to participates in pageants, and we said hey....if she does well and makes it, we are ALL in this. All or nothing is out family motto.

Enjoy the pics, and thanks to EVERYONE who sent a congrats message via-social media. It means so much to me and yes, Taylor thanks you as well ;-)

~Nic

PS Part II of my Winning Weekend coming next...stay tuned!!! ;-)








Taylor & her Dance Instructor, Kenda Watson (B. Funk Dance Studios)







The fiance' & lil sis

6 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!! She is so flippin cute! Ask her if I could borrow that fabulous dress! Love the feathers! YAY!! Congrats! kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sister! The girl cleaned up the awards. Her white dress is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... she is a SUPERSTAR!!!!! *Pretty Princess*

    ReplyDelete