HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekend Fun!!

HELLO everyone!!! I am so glad to be blogging again. It seems like my page has been thru some stuff these last few days. I wil spare you the details, lol...but I do want to thank The Fashionista Next Door. She responded to my blog questions so quickly and I really appreciate it! Its hard sometimes navigating thru the blog world without knowing all the in's and outs. I am learning as I'm going and so far, so good!

Now I can share my weekend with you. Last Sunday, my dear friend Jessica and I attended The Curvy CEO's clothing swap in Bethesda, MD. It was our first swap and can you say I CLEANED UP!??!! I walked out with a trash bag full of goodies, and I won a prize! Most of the clothes are in the cleaners so I will post them a bit later. However, I am posting my new shoes I swapped.

Last weekend, my fiance' and I got our bedroom set, thanks to my Grandma :-) Its SOOO nice and all the pieces were a GREAT price. If you are in need of furniture and are in the MD area, Overstock Furniture is the way to go! Check there before anywhere else.

As far as my outfits, well its funny. I wore my fiance's sweater (2nd Avenue) on Sunday, and then turned around and wore it on Monday to go furniture shopping, LOL! It's super comfy and the thrifted jacket I wore with it really completed the look. I got the printed jacket from 2nd Avenue. SO pleased with the purchase!

So yea, that's about it! I really enjoyed meeting & talking with the group on Sunday. All down to earth and fab! Enjoy the post and talk to you soon. I have another fun weekend coming up :-) Be blessed!

~Nic



Scarf: Target (??)
Sweater: 2nd Avenue
Jacket: 2nd Avenue
Blue Jeans: The Gap ($9.99)
Purse: Gifted


19 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. I really wanted to make it be me and the boo had spa plans. Are you a member of CappFabb yet? They celebrated their 1 year Anniversary on Tuesday and it was FAB (I'll update with a post soon). If you're not a member you should join!!! BTW, I LOVE that bag you're carrying!!!

    P.S-There's a fitness event (ZUMBA) in DC on Sunday hosted by CommeCoCo, you should come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some good stuff from the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that sweater on you! Very cute!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Nic and I love your scarf lol!

    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! leopard is my weakness

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you at the swap. I definitely had a O_O look when I saw you dipping out with a trash bag. You were NOT playing. lolol.

    See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your patch cardi Nic.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whewwww… I think I have FINALLY caught up on your blog! I see I missed a lot while I was away! Tehehehe…

    U LOOK LOVELY!!!!! Loving that Patch work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. finally...LOL! thanks for the comments and for the support!

      Delete