HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Sweater, The Blazer & the Clutch

The title of this post alone makes me giggle. Let me just tell you that I have had this sweater in my closet for about a year or so. I have probably worn in twice, but I have been wanting to wear it for quite sometime. So, yesterday before I left for work, I was determined to make it work. So, I figured all black (slacks and a top) would allow the sweater to make a 'statement'. Plus, I wanted to wear my taupe-ish heels. Bam! The outfit was a success, in my mind ;-) Then, I had somewhere to go later that evening and I wanted to wear the sweater, and my Love Cortnie clutch that I haven't worn yet. I knew the patterns might be a bit too much soooo, I opted for my thrifted blazer. I took pics of ALL of the outfits and laughed to myself. I have worn the same basic pieces and made 3 outfits. I LOVE THAT!!

I get excited when I can recycle items and accessories and things. I am really enjoying shopping my closet lately as well. I have some hidden treasures in there I see ;-)

Enjoy and thanks for commenting!

~Nic

P.S. I got a new camera!!! My "photographer" (the fiance') is still learning how to zoom, focus and all that good stuff, and I am learning how to edit pic using this new software so bare with us ;-) I am SOOO excited to be using my new Nikon ;-)



{Collage of my outfit & some inspirational pieces as well}



{What I wore to Work}
Slacks & Top: Marshalls
Sweater: The Salvation Army


{Option 1 for the 'Afternoon Look'}
Jeans: The Gap


{Option 2}
Blazer: Thrifted (also seen HERE)




Watch: Charming Charlie
Earrings: NY & Co.
Necklace: Thrifted
Cross Bracelet: Gifted
Silver Bracelet: Thrifted
Shoes: Impo ($15)


2 comments:

  1. All the looks are really cute!! I really like the blazer!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to post your look on the Facebook page!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete