HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Holiday & New Year Reflections...

Well, well, well. 2011 is just about to be over and I for one cannot believe that the year has flown by like this. Nonetheless, I am ready for what 2012 has in store. This year has been crazy for me.While it started off a bit rocky, due to death, sickness in the family and other issues, it ended up taking a turn for the better.

Awhile back I did a list of things I wanted to achieve at the age of 25 (see post HERE). And i just glanced over it and smiled because I can cross out a few things on my list. So then I thought, instead of making a new list for 2012, why not build on what I already have? So, I printed out the list, posted it on my vision board, and will refer back to it thru the year and hopefully continue crossing off things.

As far as the highlights of the year...WOW! There are soo many but, a few things stick out for sure. For one, I started my blog (March 2011) and it has grown MUCH more than I ever realized. I also started networking a lot more and as a result met so many great people. I have even been given the opportunity to speak at an upcoming event to "educate" a group of women on the in's and outs of thrifting. Who would've thought?!? I also grew as an individual and became much more confident and daring....I am now not so nervous to try new things and new looks. And I walk with my head higher because I am very secure with who I have become and who I am becoming.

Another highlight is my career decision. While I have always had a job, I have been back and forth trying to figure out what my career move should be. I've been to school, I know what I am good at, but I have so many things I want to do. After prayer, talking to my fiance', and coming up with a plan, I made the decision to work full-time with my family's company. I must say, that was the best decision I have ever made. No one has my best interests at heart like my family. I realized that I wanted to be apart of the legacy that my Grandfather (Fafa) started; I want to make my mark on the world, while building the family business. Working with my mother everyday is challenging, but its so rewarding. I have never learned so much in any position already and I thank God for allowing me to make the right decision. Nowhere else can I incorporate all of my strengths, interests, and ideas.

And lastly, I got engaged to my best friend. I know I have spoken about him several times on my blog but, i cannot express how much I love him. Being engaged has been a huge puzzle piece to this journey I am on. Knowing that I have someone who is always going to have my back, and who loves me thru the good, bad, and ugly is a testimony. I know God made him for me and I am forever grateful...

So as 2011 ends and 2012 approaches, I pray that I continue to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically. I have so much more to accomplish and so much to give the world. I welcome a new year...I welcome a new challenge...

Have a blessed holiday season and a prosperous new year!

~Nic



4 comments:

  1. Bravo Nic for figuring your career path and doing what you love. That's what everyone strives for. Congrats on your engagement. Wishing you all the best in 2012!

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! i wish you all the best as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely sounds like you had a pretty great year, but here is hoping 2012 is even better!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete