HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Monday, May 7, 2012

Simple & Sweet Weekend

Monday again, huh? LOL...hey loves and welcome to a new week! How was the weekend? Mine was just as the title says; simple and sweet. The fiance' and I spent Saturday in DE for his God-sisters baby shower. It's always nice to share a special occasion with loved ones. Especially when there's collard greens, mac n cheese and cupcakes involved! LOL...when there's good food at event, I'm happy. Doesn't take much to put a smile on this face! I wish I took my camera with me because the decor was so cute. All the centerpieces were wrapped gift boxes (covered in blue and yellow wrapping paper), and the cake/dessert table was SO pretty, and tasty ;-)

On Sunday, me & mom went with lil sis to her photo-shoot. She needed some head-shots and a few other photos for some upcoming events/ventures. She did so well and just ate the camera up! Below are a few of my favorite shots form the day.
I also went to 2nd Avenue with the fiance' to find him a few things. While there, I picked up a pair of sunglasses for 96 cents. They automatically became my new fave thrifted glasses. They are SO chic and I cannot wait to wear them. I also picked up some Bandolino wedges for work for $4.90. I was really just there to shop with him but it wouldn't be me if I walked out of a thrift store with nothing ;-) The glasses and other weekend pics, including outfits I wore, are below. 

Take care and don't forget to enter the Mother's Day Giveaway (click title for link). Contest ends Wednesday so hurry and enter ;-) 

****



O's T-shirt: Thrifted (Reppin' for my hometown...B-more!)
Jeans: Lane Bryant
Converses: Off Broadway Shoes




Maxi Dress: Target
Blazer: INC
Necklace: E bay

*got my nails done too ;-)*

26 comments:

  1. Hello dear,
    found you on CabFabb:) beautiful blog, really like your style!
    XoXo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the maxi dress and I am a sucker for your casuale look with the O's T. Your lil sis is adorable!

    ~Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the laid back look with the chucks and boyfriend jeans..super cute!

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that maxi dress with the blazer! Very chic!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome weekend! Love your boyfriend jeans hunny :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lil' sis is so adorable! You look nice hun! Like those leopard print flats.

    Stay beautiful! *Smooches*
    Nique

    www.chubbydivaonadime.com
    @chubbydivanique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww your sister is adorable! SO glad you found me! Nice job on the thrift store finds, especially the sunglasses. You're right, you can't walk out of a place like that empty handed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could make converse look that fab but one day soon I'll have to step outside of my comfort zone and rock a sneaker. I also LOVEEEEEE the maxi blazer combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is your little sissy! I adore you in that maxi w/the blazer! WOW! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lil Sis is such a DOLL FACE! Loving the laid back weekend look! Nothing like being comfy on the weekends! Also, I have a MAXI that is similiar to that one! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your outfits are great, really like that maxi dress. Your little sister is so cute, such a pretty young lady!!


    Also, check my blog I gave you an award!!! :-)



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great weekend, babe! Mine was filled with lots of running around :) Thank goodness this coming weekend is so close!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the maxi dress and how you paired it with black blazer, lovely outfit:) cheers, im following you!
    http://sweetandspicytown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for following and for your kind comments/words :-)

      Delete