HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gone too soon...(the weekend)

Happy Sunday everyone! Is it me or did this weekend fly by?? I feel like it was just Friday afternoon. Anywho, I am glad that I had time to relax and really not do much. Well ok, I did do things BUT nothing work related and no 'events' I had to attend. 

Friday, the fiance' and I headed to the movies to see Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man and we really enjoyed the movie. The entire cast did an excellent job! If you have not seen it, I would definitely recommend it. I also took the family to my favorite thrifting spot (2nd Avenue) and my parents had a ball. My dad went back today for their 1/2 off sale and got even more items (3 blazers, 2 pair of jeans, and 2 shirts).  My little sister bought (with her money) a book, a cute belt, skirt, pair of brand new Children's Place shorts, and the prettiest white dress I've ever seen!  My mom is more of an online shopper, her patience when it comes to sifting through items is limited. However, she found some GREAT vintage shoes and a LV bag. She has found her niche when it comes to thrifting; accessories and shoes. Speaking of shoes and accessories, I found 3 pair of shoes (2 vintage), a Lane Bryant skirt, pair of sunglasses (seen in pics below), and a top. As I said before, all pics coming soon :-) 

Side-note: If you follow me on Instagram/Facebook, you'll notice that I have a new hairstyle, which by the way I absolutely LOVE! A little hesitant at first, I was unsure how the style would look on me. But, I took the plunge and tried it out anyway. I am glad I stepped out and tried something differnent because I really do like it :-) 

Saturday, Darrius and I were on babysitting duty while my parents went to see Act Like a Lady. The three of us (me, lill sis and D) played a heated game of UNO, and shared lots of good laughs and goofy moments. I also enjoyed church this morning with the fiance' and our friends Matt and Jess (and their adorable daughter). We went to Bridgeway Community Church (see, HERE) and as usual, the pastor was on point. He finished up his series on Love today and spoke on the Fruit of Love. Very powerful and right on time, as most of his messages are. Aftrerwards, we all went to the Tomato Palace for brunch, and then Darrius and I enjoyed Rita's on the way home. 

The last thing that I MUST tell you all is that this morning, I got an email notification that plus-size model Anansa Sims is now following me on Twitter! I followed her last night and this morning, bam! She followed back!  Yes, I was excited beyond belief but who wouldn't be??? She is really someone I look up to when it comes to being a plus size/curvy woman. She is lovely, and such a lady and watching her show (with her mother Beverly Johnson) on OWN has made me like her even more. I am so honored to have her follow lil 'ol me :-)

So, enjoy the pics and I hope you all have a great Monday tomorrow. Be blessed...and be a blessing to someone ;-)


{ carreid my love, cortnie Ray bag today }


10 comments:

  1. Yes the weekend is always flying too fast. I like your blog redesign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it. This weekend just flew by. Loving the new look on here.

    -Shakiyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl it WAS just Friday...I'm convinced! Anyhew, I loved that movie as well! So glad we represented in theaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, sure was!!! i am glad we represented too...2weeks in a row!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment and for sharing pics of your family. I hope we will become great blogger friends.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following and adding you to my blogroll.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) thanks so much and I'm sure we will become great blog buddies ;-) XO!!!

      Delete
  6. I haven't been by since you changed the look of the blog...it looks amazing!! xo
    www.frankieheartsfashion.com

    ReplyDelete