HomeThrifting TreasuresShopWhats Happening

Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Back!!...30 for 30

HELLO everyone!!! I am back from a mini break of posting and blogging. While I still commented and kept up with my fellow bloggers, I wanted to take a "creative break" as I called it. With SO much on my agenda for this year, I had to take a step back to prioritize and plan. In that (short) time, I was able to spend time with family, do a little shopping, work on my vision board(s), do a little cleaning, and most importantly refocus. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the "world" that we forget we need a moment to ourselves to slow down and regroup. So, that's what I've been doing and I am glad to say that I am so excited for my blog this year. I have great ideas I plan to implement, and I hope you all come along for the experience.

Today, I am going to start the 30 For 30 Challange. It's something I saw on The Seventh District's page, (Ashley over at, A Sassy Woman is participating it too). It's basically a 30 day photo challenge. I did a similar one thru my Tumblr page (see HERE) this past summer and it was a lot of fun. So, I am going to join in and share my 30 for 30 with my blog readers :-)

It's funny because I love getting to know people, especially those bloggers I follow. I think that explains my love for autobiographies and biographies and 'reality tv'. I am so intrigued by people and their lives/stories. Everyone has a story, and I for one believe you can learn so much about a person by listening/seeing or reading about it.

With that being said, enjoy "getting to know me" in 30 days. Talk to you all soon...be blessed!

~Nic

                                                                 

Day 1: A photo of yourself & a description of how your day was

{photo taken in Sicily, Italy}

Although this is not a recent pic, this is how I feel my day was. It was a good day; simply put. Work seemed longer than usual but that's because I was tired, lol. But I was able to come home, rest, laugh with my family and catch up on some good tv shows and good sleep. I also started the 2nd week of my personal/spiritual fast and it went pretty well. The purpose of the fast is quite simple; to display self-control and to use my (free/spare) time doing what will help me continue to live a purpose driven life.

10 comments:

  1. Wow...seems like you are starting the new year on the right foot by getting focused. Good for you! The 30 for 30 seems like a fun challenge. I love that pic of you. :-)

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream is to go to Italy, hoping sometime this year. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great pic. The background is breathtaking and not to mention you look super happy. I may have to look into the challenge and see if I'd like to join as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture, I would love to visit Italy!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pic… I would LOVE to go to Italy! Also, I can’t wait to see your 30 for 30!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you look so cute & happy! I'm so jealous that you've been to Italy, it's a serious dream of mine to go there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!!!!!!!!!!! You're joining us! Love the picture and I am glad that u had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture!!! In Italy too, it's so neat that you got to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for joining the challenge! I can't wait to see all of your pics!

    ReplyDelete